December 12, 2012
Join us for a little holiday cheer in the Tap Room – twelve fun days ahead of special happenings to help spark that holiday spirit!
- THURSDAY 12/13 – Misfits Merch Night
- Odds-and-ends from the merchandise room (a lot of girls’ stuff!) sold at 50% off retail. The bargain bin has never been so banging.
- FRIDAY 12/14 – Meet The Artist: Amanda Wilshire of Awd aRT
- Join us in the Tap Room for a meet-and-greet with Awd aRT’s Amanda Wilshire, the talent behind the world’s coolest bottle cap art (some of which is on display in the Tap Room through January). We love supporting local art, especially if it’s so utterly beer-inspired.
- SATURDAY 12/15 – Santa Hat Day
- Free sample of Hibernation Ale for dressing like Santa. Actual Santa hats encouraged, but we’ll count any hat with a pom-pom fuzz-ball thingy!
- SUNDAY 12/16 – Spin to Win!
- Spin the dreidel for one of four awesome prizes: a high five, a Yeti sticker, a free sample, or the lucky chance to spin again!
- MONDAY 12/17 – Winter Saison Tapping
- Join us today for the unveiling of our newest pilot brew – Spiced Winter Saison. This unfiltered winter warmer is brewed using premium Vienna, rye, and wheat malts and is fermented with a special blend of four saison yeasts. Artistically spiced with clove, allspice, orange peel, and other festive spices, this winter warmer will thaw even the most frozen curmudgeons’ hearts. And it tastes great, too!
- TUESDAY 12/18 - Love It or Hate It Xmas Music (Tap Room Closing Early at 6pm!)
- Love It or Hate It, we’ll be playing the delightful sounds of holiday music all afternoon in the Tap Room to get us in the mood for our own employee holiday party this evening. Unfortunately, that means we’re closing shop early tonight at 6pm (Yetis gotta party, too!). Tours will still run at 3pm and 4pm today and we’ll see you tomorrow for our regular Tap Room hours.
- WEDNESDAY 12/19 – Yeti Santa Photo Op
- Get your picture taken with our very own furry Yeti Santa. One hour only, starting at 7pm. Here’s your chance to ask him for that Yeti hoody you’ve always wanted!
- THURSDAY 12/20 - Holiday Hop Disciples
- Attention Hop Disciples! Join us in the Tap Room at 6pm for a special Holiday meet-up! Featuring a special beer and dessert pairing you don’t want to miss!
- FRIDAY 12/21 – Late Night Tour
- Our gift to all those that can’t break free from the 9 to 5. Swing by the Tap Room for a special 8pm tour tonight – complete with a special mystery tasting at the end!
- SATURDAY 12/22 – Boys in Boy Shorts
- We debated calling this night “Love It or Hate It” as well, but regardless, come see your favorite boy bartenders slingin’ suds in Great Divide girly boy shorts. And the boy shorts are 20% off all night, a perfect last minute gift for that special lady friend.
- SUNDAY 12/23 – Peach Grand Cru Tapping
- Super exclusive tapping! A small-batch, Belgian-style strong ale, barrel aged for months with 200 pounds of fresh Colorado Palisade peaches. Peachy in a really good way, this beer is deceptively easy to drink for its massive 12.3% ABV. An exceptional holiday treat for our Tap Room guests only!
- MONDAY 12/24 - Hidden Santa
- Find a Santa sticker under your glass today and you get a free beer, my friend!
And on Tuesday, 12/25, the Tap Room will be closed for Christmas. Happy holidays!
December 7, 2012
Colorado’s thriving craft beer scene owes some serious thanks to the active lifestyles we live. After a long afternoon outdoors or in the gym, nothing tastes better than a full-flavored, hand-crafted local brew, especially after a mind-clearing hour in the yoga studio. Join us Tuesday, December 11th as we join forces with our neighbors Qi Functional Training Center for a night of stretching and suds –
Detox/Retox : Yoga & Beer Collaboration
Tuesday, December 11th – 4:30pm at Qi Yoga – followed by a trip to the Great Divide Tap Room.
- DETOX: An hour-long detox Vinyasa flow yoga class, led by the inspiring Alicia Cavallaro. This session will concentrate on cleansing twists to detoxify the system.
- RETOX: Expand your mind (and belly) even further with some good ol’ beer-drinkin’ and socializin’ in the Great Divide Tap Room. You’ve really earned those brews. We’ll even throw in a fun Great Divide surprise or two for those that join the yoga party beforehand!
Sign up for the 4:30pm Tuesday Qi Yoga class here. And we’ll see you in the Tap Room after the stretch fest!
November 13, 2012
We can’t believe it’s turkey time again! Though we will be CLOSED on Thanksgiving Day, we have some special things up our sleeve for the week. If you have family or friends in town, bring them by and become part of the Great Divide Family.
First, we will having a Tapsgiving Takeover Tuesday (Nov 20) and Wednesday (Nov 21) featuring 8 of our pilot beers. Here’s the tap list:
Colorado Fresh Hop
These delicious beers will be pouring from 2-8 Tuesday and 2-10 Wednesday.
But that’s not all!
We will also be celebrating Black Friday with a very special gift pack on sale for all early shoppers including: a Yeti onesie, Yeti Brussels glass, Yeti Imperial Stout bomber and Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout bomber. All of this Yetirific goodness costs a mere $42 (including tax). Give someone a beertastic present this year. Or buy one for yourself to get in the holiday spirit. We won’t judge.
So, while we will be taking a day off on Thursday, we would love to see you during Thanksgiving Week.
November 5, 2012
While it’s no secret that we love all the Yetis–Espresso Oak Aged, Chocolate Oak Aged, Belgian, Oak Aged and, of course, the classic Yeti Imperial Stout, using this fearsomely delicious stout in a devastatingly tasty ice-cream-and-brownie combo takes our love to a whole new level. Try these recipes out at home for a beerific dessert!
Chocolate Stout Ice Cream
Makes about 1 quart
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
6 egg yolks
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup half & half
1 1/2 cups Yeti Imperial Stout or Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate
Whisk together sugar, salt, cinnamon, and egg yolks in a 4-qt. saucepan until smooth; stir in cream & half and half and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon (about 4 minutes). Pour mixture through a fine strainer into a medium bowl, and whisk in Yeti and vanilla; refrigerate until chilled. Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Near the end of churning, add chopped chocolate until incorporated evenly throughout ice cream. Transfer to a resealable plastic container and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
Fudge Stout Brownies
Butter for coating pan
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
8 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup Yeti Imperial Stout
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9-inch metal baking pan by buttering it well and dusting inside with 1 tablespoon cocoa powder. Set aside. In a large 2-quart saucepan, melt stick of butter over low heat until liquid. Add chopped chocolate, stirring often, until melted and smooth. Remove saucepan from heat and let cool to luke-warm (still liquid but not hot).
Stir sugars in chocolate mixture and mix well. Beat together eggs, vanilla, and Yeti in a bowl until smooth. Sift flour with salt. Stir stout mixture into saucepan by thirds, alternating with flour by 1/3 cupfuls, until batter is just blended. Do not overbeat. Scrape batter into prepared 9-inch-square metal pan and bake at 350°F for about 55 minutes. Let cool to lukewarm before slicing.
November 2, 2012
In early October one of the original members of the Biker Jim’s family suffered two life-altering strokes, leaving him partially paralyzed, unable to work and with mounting medical expenses. Biker Jim’s is one of our neighbors here in the Ballpark Neighborhood, serving up some of the tastiest vittles around.
On Monday, November 5th, Biker Jim’s, The Star Bar and Great Divide are throwing a fundraiser for Mikey. There will be a ton of GD beer on tap from 6-10pm at Star Bar and 100% of those beer sales go to Mikey to help cover medical bills. We will also be accepting donations, giving away swag and auctioning off prizes. Please join us at the Star Bar at 2137 Larimer Street to help out our brother, our friend and one of the nicest people you will ever meet.
If you have questions, please contact Daniel at Biker Jim’s Gourmet Dogs at (720) 746-9355.
October 10, 2012
Join us this week during the Great American Beer Fest. In honor of this week, we have extended hours, tours and an outdoor beer garden. Here are the deets:
GABF Tap Room Hours:
Thursday, October 11th: 10 am – 10 pm
Friday, October 12th: 10 am – 10 pm
Saturday, October 13th: 10 am – 10 pm
Beer Garden Hours:
Friday, October 12th: noon – 8 pm
Saturday, October 13th: noon – 8 pm
Tour Times, October 11th-13th:
Noon – 5 pm every hour
We have delicious year-round, seasonal and experimental beers on tap. See you here!
October 5, 2012
Air still, eerily.
Here, waiting for the deluge.
October 3, 2012
Our beer hero Dave Woodlock has a killer event coming up at Brooklyn’s famed The Gate tomorrow, 10/3. This tap takeover is super special because they will be tapping a 2007 Oak Aged Yeti keg. This Oak Aged Yeti has been aging, waiting to be tapped and enjoyed by the masses. Smooth, oaky, velvet-y. Don’t miss it!
Here is what is pouring alongside 2007 Oak Aged Yeti:
Join us at The Gate, 321 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY.
6-10pm. Be there or be square.
September 26, 2012
Coming on October 1st–Oak Aged Yeti, Hibernation and Fresh Hop!
Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout is Yeti Imperial Stout’s sophisticated sibling. They may be from the same clan, but they have entirely different personalities. Oak aging gives a subtle vanilla character, rounding out Yeti’s intense roastiness and huge hoppy nature. Who says you can’t tame a Yeti? At 9.5% ABV, it is available in 22oz. bottles, growlers out of the Great Divide Tap Room and 5-gallon kegs. It boasts a perfect Ratebeer.com score of 100 and was named one of BeerAdvocate’s 2010 “Top 100 Beers On Planet Earth.”
Hibernation Ale has been our celebrated winter tradition since 1995 and is Colorado’s original Strong Ale. This robust, dry-hopped ale has a malty richness balanced with a complex hop profile and hearty, warming character. At 8.7% ABV and a Ratebeer.com score of 98, Hibernation is available in 6-packs, growler fills out of the Great Divide Tap Room, 5-gallon kegs and 15.5-gallon kegs. Hibernation is a 3-time Great American Beer Festival medalist.
Fresh Hop Pale Ale is brewed with fresh, whole cone hops from the Pacific Northwest. We ship these “wet” hops to Denver overnight and brew shortly after harvest, imparting an intensely grassy hop aroma and citrus hop flavor in a medium-bodied ale. This year’s batch was brewed with Cascade, Centennial and Simcoe whole-cone hops. Clocking in at 55 IBUs and 6.1% ABV, Fresh Hop is a labor of love. It has garnered a Ratebeer.com score of 98 and is available in 22oz. bottles, growler fills in the Great Divide Tap Room and 5-gallon kegs.
September 21, 2012
It’s that time of year again–Oktoberfest season! Join us for our own mini-Oktoberfest in the Tap Room. All next week, September 24th-28th, we will be pouring all of our German-style beers together in honor of this most excellent of seasons. Here’s the tap list:
Hoss Rye Lager
Wiesn fest beer
All pours $5 or samples for $1. Prost!