Staff & Jobs at Great Divide Brewing Co.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Event & Partnerships Coordinator
Tap Room & Tour Staff
Will Curtin – Tap Room Manager
Business Project Manager
Brewery Operations Manager
Taylor Rees – Head Brewer
Drew Archuleta – Supervisor
Controller & Personnel Administrator
Accounting & Administration
Ryan Rafferty – Manager
Maintenance & Facilities
Our hardworking, creative, and passionate team is just as balanced and assertive as our beers. Want to join the ranks? We’ll post any openings here as they become available.
This position’s primary responsibilities will be the daily management of the brewing department, overseeing the safe and efficient production of the highest quality craft beer. In addition, this individual will be heavily involved in planning, selecting equipment and commissioning our upcoming new brewing facility. The Brewing Manager position is full-time, available immediately and will report to the Director of Brewery Operations. Additionally, the Brewing Manager will work closely with all department heads and the quality assurance department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
• Leading a team in producing a high volume of quality beer in a safe and efficient manner.
• Writing and communicating a shift schedule for all brewing and cellar staff.
• Building and maintaining a strong team of motivated and educated employees.
• Writing, updating, delivering and enforcing standard operating procedures for the department.
- Ensuring clean and sanitary equipment and working environment.
• Managing raw materials inventories and materials contracts.
• Analyzing and reporting on all brewing operations and efficiencies.
• Completing, entering and maintaining daily production records.
• Scheduling and overseeing repairs and maintenance on all brewing and cellar equipment.
• Assisting the management team in planning, selecting equipment and commissioning our new brewing facility.
• Working with the department heads and production team to create and improve processes that ensure safety, quality and efficiency.
• Proactively managing yeast health and beer fermentations.
• Managing barrel aged and sour beer program.
• Overseeing the pilot beer program including creating new and unique processes and beer recipes.
• Overseeing the cask beer program.
• Leading departmental meetings.
Education, Experience and Certification/License Requirements
• At least 10 year of experience as a professional brewer.
• Proven success in a leadership role managing 10 or more employees in a brewery setting.
• Extensive experience and understanding of preventive maintenance, team motivation and management, ordering and inventory management, record keeping and data analysis.
• Extensive experience and understanding of the brewing process, sanitation, yeast health and fermentation and beer transfer and clarification.
• Experience with brewery quality assurance and quality control plans.
• Experience in the theories and production of barrel aged and sour beer styles.
• Formal brewing education preferred.
• Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite.
• Positive attitude with an ongoing sense of urgency.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Proven ability to work with others.
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
• A flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends.
• Strong ability to teach/mentor and motivate all types of individuals.
• Advanced mathematical and reasoning skills.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced sensory analysis skills.
• Artistic vision coupled with creative thinking.
• Strong overall understanding of OSHA regulations and requirements.
• Must be able to lift 55 pounds and move 170 pounds regularly.
• Must have the ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, work from heights, stoop, kneel and crouch.
• The ability to work near moving parts and machinery.
• Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color; either with or without accommodation.
• The ability to work in loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor and outdoor environments frequently and for extended periods of time.
Great Divide offers a comprehensive benefit program to its employees. Compensation is very competitive and will depend upon experience and qualifications.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Brewing Manager” in the subject line. No drop-ins, no recruiters, no phone calls, please.
Nothing available for you? In the meantime, if you’d like to submit your resume for future consideration please send it to the appropriate department below. We’ll keep it on file and contact you should a suitable position open up.