Events & Marketing Intern – Great Divide Brewing Company
Great Divide Brewing Company, an award-winning regional craft brewery located in Denver, Colorado, is adding to its Marketing Team!
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern with a desire to work in the craft beer industry to join our marketing department and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies while getting a glimpse into the exciting world of craft beer.
This internship will help you acquire real world skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced work environment. This role will offer great exposure to all aspects of the sales and marketing department, and requires someone willing to do any job, even the dirty ones, with a positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
The following list of essential job duties is not all-inclusive; the Events & Marketing Intern is required to perform other duties as directed by the Marketing Manager.
This position will be based out of Denver, Colorado.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- External Events:
- Consider the myriad of local events to determine which are most impactful when time, labor, and equipment resources are finite.
- Provide input on which events Great Divide should participate in, and help coordinate registration, staffing, equipment, logistics, and communication.
- Provide on the ground support for events Great Divide participates in.
- Maintain events calendar to ensure all events are communicated to wider Great Divide audience.
- Internal Events:
- Assist marketing team in the planning of on-site events, including everything from overall strategy decisions to vendor research and execution.
- Assist marketing team and/or private events to set-up, break-down, and work on-site events.
- Help with all promotional needs leading up to events.
- Event clean-up/follow-up.
- Contacts: Maintain accurate contact/email information for all events and partnerships.
- Documentation: Track event activity to include contacts, history, spending, ROI, beer depleted, future recommendations, and more.
- Internal Processes: Work within current Great Divide processes; however, communicate thoughtful solutions for improvement.
- Oversee upkeep and cleaning of event equipment including tents, jockey boxes and covers, banners, table covers, and draft trailer. Communicate and repair/ replace as needed.
- Work with Great Divide Marketing Manager and Sales Team to coordinate social media & marketing efforts.
- Work with Colorado distributors to co-op and deliver to events, or communicate with Sales Rep, Area Sales Manager, or Director of Sales & Marketing to help facilitate.
- Online order processing and fulfillment.
- Marketing support via design and/or conception of products.
- Start to finish new product development assistance.
- Federal and State beer registration assistance.
- Manage sample requests and new release sample shipments.
Critical Skills & Requirements
- Candidate must be 21 years of age, or older
- Self starter with great work ethic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organization skills are a must
- Enthusiasm to build and maintain relationships
- Critical computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Honesty, professionalism, and grace under pressure
- Ability to lift 35-lb, travel by car (clean driving record is required)
- Flexible schedule, and ability to work at night/on weekends
- Attitude: Must have the ability to interact warmly, authentically, and knowledgeably with both festival/event goers and internal folks. Honest, transparent, and positive.
- Organization: Absolutely must be buttoned up to be able to successfully juggle multiple ongoing events, people, requests, etc. with grace. Must communicate well and document with detail and accuracy.
- Timeliness: External requests for information and support should be responded to quickly and with warmth.
- Responsibility: Be responsible with alcohol. Do not behave in a manner that is detrimental to your reputation or that of your employer. Do not drive under the influence.
- Knowledge: Must have strong brewery and beer knowledge to be able to interact with beer aficionados and establish credibility within industry.
- Physical: Must be able to lift a case of beer and to move a full keg of beer with a hand truck.
Qualified applicants should possess superior knowledge and passion of the craft beer business, experience in a similar role at a brewery, ability to excel in an collaborative work environment and independently at times, exceptional work ethic and ability to understand the big picture while keeping a close eye on the details, strong written and verbal communication skills, capability to multi-task, and a major appreciation for organization. Applicants should also possess reliable car transportation, a clean driving record, night and weekend flexibility, and an outstanding relationship-building personality.
Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to CoolJobs.Marketing@greatdivide.com with the subject line “Events Intern”. No drop-ins, no recruiters, no phone calls, please. Interviews will be conducted as qualified resumes are received and position will be posted until filled.