SOUTHTHEAST NATIONAL ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE – GREAT DIVIDE BREWING COMPANY
Great Divide Brewing Company, an award-winning regional craft brewery located in Denver, Colorado, is adding to its Sales Team!
The National Account Representative is a key role at Great Divide Brewing Company because it lays the foundation for critical partnerships with our largest retailers, our distributors, and is the primary way that the brewery will grow the availability and demand of our beers, through distribution, visibility, and strict adherence to quality control standards.
The position’s main objective is to work with National Accounts and our distributor partners to grow the AVAILABILITY and DEMAND of Great Divide beers in the marketplace via mutual accountability with agreed-upon goals, and responsibility for growing and developing relationships with chain accounts in each market while selling against a predetermined Sales Plan created by the Sales & Marketing Director, to include goals in the areas of Distribution, Visibility, Quality/Market Survey, and Distributor Management.
This position’s primary territory will be Florida and Georgia with additional responsibility for North Carolina.
Job Duties Include, but are not Limited to:
– Manage accounts with the goal of gaining new distribution and promotional activity through direct interaction with key buyers
– Develop and communicate programs, distribution update, pricing and promotional activity to the National Sales Manager, sales force and our distributors.
– Report monthly business status to the National Sales Manager including issues, opportunities and progress vs. plans.
– Participate in quarterly wholesaler business planning meetings with the National Sales Manager and the market distributors
– Track execution on all sales programs, including surveying chain stores for display and distribution execution.
– Create and maintain profiles for all National Accounts/call points.
– Create annual execution plan for the National Accounts you call on with standards for sales, distribution and share.
– Operating within an established budget.
Critical Skills & Requirements:
– Minimum College Degree and/or Commensurate Beverage Alcohol Distributor and retail Management
– Distributor and Retail interaction experience, (Direct Management of Distributors, Representation of Brands to Retail)
– Beverage Alcohol Experience (Familiar with legal structure, promotion requirements and three tier system)
– Certified Beer Server working toward Certified Cicerone (to be completed within one year of employment)
– Self-starter with great work ethic
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Organization skills are a must
– Enthusiasm to build and maintain relationships
– Critical computer skills (Microsoft Office, VIP, IRI, Armadillo)
– Honesty, professionalism, and comfort with Public Speaking
– Ability to lift 35-lb cases, travel by car (clean driving record is required) and plane, and work at night/on weekends
– Modest travel for distributor meetings and event representation
– Experience with VIP and other reporting tools preferred
Qualified applicants should possess superior knowledge and passion of the craft beer business, experience in a similar role at a brewery or distributor, ability to excel in an autonomous work environment, exceptional work ethic and ability to understand the big picture while keeping a close eye on the details, strong written and verbal communication skills, capability to multi-task, and a major appreciation for organization. Applicants should also possess reliable car transportation, a clean driving record, night and weekend flexibility, and an outstanding relationship-building personality.
We offer a full benefits package, incentive plan, and 401(k).
Interested and qualified applicants can send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “NAR – Southeast”. No drop-ins, no recruiters, no phone calls, please. Interviews will be conducted as qualified resumes are received and position will be posted until filled.