Denver Metro Sales Representative
Great Divide Brewing Company, an award-winning regional craft brewery located in Denver, Colorado, is adding to its Sales Team.
This position’s primary responsibilities will include working with Great Divide Brewing Company’s Distributor Partners to grow the availability and visibility of Great Divide Brands in the marketplace of the assigned territory.
Work under the direction of the Rocky Mountain Regional Sales Manager with additional direction from the Sr. Director of Sales and Marketing, collaborating with other team members as needed. Maintaining an acceptable MVR is required as this position requires extensive car travel with a company vehicle.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Increase overall distribution.
- Improve overall visibility and awareness.
- Working closely with Great Divide Brewing Company partners to become an extension of their sales force.
- Manage accounts with the goal of gaining new distribution and driving rate of sale through promotional activity and consumer awareness.
- Weekly communication including the week plan and a recap of the previous week’s accomplishments including promotional activity.
- Participate in quarterly wholesaler business planning meetings.
- Track execution on all sales programs, including surveying accounts display and distribution execution.
- Visit a minimum of 40 accounts per week.
- Work with Distributor Sales Force 1-2 times per week.
- Weekly Activation – two promotions per week in the On or Off premise channels.
- Attend events and sponsorships including account resets, tap takeovers, tastings, beer dinners and festivals.
Communication & Participation
- Responds positively and quickly to voicemails, emails, and customer concerns in a timely manner, both externally and internally.
These duties are not all inclusive but represent items that are critical to successfully accomplishing this particular position. A Denver Metro Sales Representative may be required to absorb or share other territories if deemed necessary by management or business needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must live in the Denver Metro Area.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and cleaning driving record.
- Must demonstrate examples of being a self-starter and possess strong organizational skills.
- Excellent work ethic, extensive passion for good beer, knowledge of breweries and beer styles, the ability to grow Great Divide business at the retail and distributor level.
- Model the culture and values of Great Divide Brewing Company.
- Ability to work late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays as needed to support sales activities.
- Must maintain professionalism while working in environments where beer taps are flowing.
- Proficient use of computers, Microsoft Office Suite, VIP, and CRM.
- Must have basic understanding and use of selling skills, and the ability to express oneself in an articulate, succinct, and professional manner.
- Basic understanding of the alcohol three-tier system.
- Ability to understand the market planning process for craft beer sales is essential.
- Must be able to lift 35lb cases and maneuver and place 160lb kegs.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- A minimum of a 2-year college degree (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Beverage Industry
What Great Divide Has to Offer You!
Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Paid Sick Time
Weekly Beer Allotment
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000
Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Denver Metro Sales Rep”. No drop-ins, no recruiters, no phone calls, please. Interviews will be conducted as qualified resumes are received and position will be posted until filled.