Maintenance Manager – Great Divide Brewing Company
Great Divide Brewing Company, an award-winning regional craft brewery located in Denver, Colorado, is adding to its Maintenance Team!
The Maintenance Manager’s primary responsibility is the security, maintenance, and services of Great Divide’s facilities. The Maintenance Manager will manage the maintenance budget, the maintenance team and will work closely with all departments to ensure production lines and systems operate safely and efficiently
The following list of essential job duties is not all-inclusive; the Maintenance Manager is required to perform other duties as directed by the Senior Director of Brewery Operations.
This position will be based out of Denver, Colorado.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Troubleshoot, upkeep, repair and maintain the building, brewing, packaging and warehouse systems and equipment (corrective and preventive maintenance).
- Manage building maintenance functions for the facilities, including but not limited to boilers, chillers, air compressors, packaging and brewing equipment, general building maintenance and maintenance of the infrastructure of the building. Scope includes managing of employees as well as tangible elements of the job.
- Ensure facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- Create and manage a maintenance department budget.
- Manage outside services within maintenance, including re-establishing of new and existing contracts at competitive rates.
- Organize security and general administrative services for the facilities.
- Assist in training brewery staff to ensure proper machine care and operation to sustain a safe and efficient working environment.
- Develop, modify, deliver, execute and document a preventive maintenance schedule.
- Collect, document, complete and follow-up on maintenance work orders.
- Work with management to create, develop and design major maintenance and expansion projects.
- Lead the successful completion and installation of major projects and equipment.
- Manage investment recovery on upgraded systems and obsolete parts and equipment.
- Work with and manage contractors for outsourced projects, repairs or installations.
- Manage tool and spare parts inventories.
- Keep workspace clean and organized and assist others in doing the same.
- Manage purchasing for the maintenance department.
- Occasionally drive company vehicle to each facility and to pick-up supplies and parts.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Experience with computerized maintenance management software.
- In-depth understanding of automation and programmable logic controllers.
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite.
- Strong overall understanding of OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Advanced mathematical and reasoning skills.
- Proven ability to work with, lead and supervise others.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to handle a complex and ever-changing workload.
- Positive attitude with an ongoing sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education, Experience and Certification/License Requirements:
- At least 5 years of experience in a brewery or other food/beverage manufacturing facility.
- Valid driver’s license.
- A bachelor degree in facilities management, engineering, business administration, construction management, or other related field preferred.
- Extensive experience and understanding of general mechanical, electrical (high and low voltage), plumbing, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, boilers, heating, refrigeration and general construction and handy-work.
- Experience in managing major projects involving multiple vendors, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Proven success in a leadership role managing 5 or more individuals.
- Lean Six Sigma certification favorable.
- Advanced understanding of 6S programs.
- Must be able to continually lift 65 pounds and move 175 pounds regularly and repeatedly.
- Must have the ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, work from heights, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The ability to work near moving parts and machinery.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color; either with or without accommodation.
- The ability to work in loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor, and outdoor environments frequently.
Qualified applicants should possess superior knowledge and passion of the craft beer business, experience in a similar role at a brewery, ability to excel in an collaborative work environment, exceptional work ethic and ability to understand the big picture while keeping a close eye on the details, strong written and verbal communication skills, capability to multi-task, and a major appreciation for organization. Applicants should also possess reliable car transportation, a clean driving record, night and weekend flexibility, and an outstanding relationship-building personality.
We offer a full benefits package, incentive plan, and 401K.
Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Maintenance Manager”. No drop-ins, no recruiters, no phone calls, please. Interviews will be conducted as qualified resumes are received and position will be posted until filled.