OFF-PREMISE SALES REPRESENTATIVE – GREAT DIVIDE BREWING COMPANY
Great Divide Brewing Company, an award-winning regional craft brewery located in Denver, Colorado, is adding to its team of Sales Superheroes!
The Off-Premise Sales Representative is a strategic role at Great Divide Brewing Company, and the amazing person in this role is tasked with increasing distribution, displays, off-premise features and promotions, merchandising, staff training, POS (point of sale) management and distributor management. We are a growing company and we are looking for candidates who can grow with us by demonstrating a high capacity to learn and take on new challenges.
This position’s primary territory will be the Colorado Front Range area.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Increase Distribution: New account openings, existing accounts, effective placements
- Improve Visibility: Education and tastings, brand standards, brand presence, events/promotions, merchandising, hand sales
- Quality and market surveys
- Distributor Management: Distributor work withs, Trade shows/distributor sales team presentations, inventory, marketing budgets, goals
- Improving the visibility and position of Great Divide beers and POS in marketplace
- Working closely with local distributing salespeople
- Communicating weekly recap reports to Sales Manager
Critical Skills & Requirements:
- Distributor and Retail interaction experience, (Direct Management of Distributors, Representation of Brands to Retail)
- Beverage Alcohol Experience (Familiar with legal structure, promotion requirements and three tier system)
- Certified Beer Server working toward Certified Cicerone (to be completed within one year of employment)
- Self-starter with great work ethic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organization skills are a must
- Enthusiasm to build and maintain relationships
- Critical computer skills (Microsoft Office, VIP, and other reporting tools)
- Honesty, professionalism, and comfort with Public Speaking
- Ability to lift 35-lb cases and maneuver and place 160lb kegs
- Must have a basic understanding and use of selling skills, and the ability to express oneself in an articulate, succinct and professional manner
- The ability to understand the market planning process for craft beer sales is essential
- A minimum of a 2-year college degree (or equivalent work experience) is required, 4-year college degree (or equivalent experience) preferred
- Extensive travel by car (clean driving record is required), and work at night/on weekends
Qualified applicants should possess superior knowledge and passion of the craft beer business, experience in a similar role at a brewery or distributor, ability to excel in an autonomous work environment, exceptional work ethic and ability to understand the big picture while keeping a close eye on the details, strong written and verbal communication skills, capability to multi-task, and a major appreciation for organization. Applicants should also possess reliable car transportation, a clean driving record, night and weekend flexibility, and an outstanding relationship-building personality.
We offer a full benefits package, incentive plan, and 401(k).
Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to CoolJobs.Sales@greatdivide.com with the subject line “Sales Rep – Off Premise”. Interviews will be conducted as qualified resumes are received and position will be posted until filled.