QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST – GREAT DIVIDE BREWING COMPANY
Great Divide Brewing Company, an award-winning regional craft brewery located in Denver, Colorado, is adding to its Quality Team!
This position’s primary responsibilities will be the execution of daily operations of the lab. The Quality Assurance Analyst position is full-time and will report directly to the Quality Assurance Manager. Additionally, the Quality Assurance Analyst will work closely with all departments within the brewery to foster a culture of Total Quality Management.
This position will be based out of Denver, Colorado.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Perform quality assurance testing and analytical procedures on work in progress, finished beer and raw materials.
- Prepare media, assays and reagents for quality testing.
- Collect samples for analysis from the brewery at various stages in the brewing process.
- Perform chemical and microbiological analysis of water, wort, yeast, beer, brewery equipment and environment.
- Collect, maintain, compile and present quality related data including departmental proficiency information.
- Maintain a clean and orderly laboratory environment and accurate data documentation including the QA database.
- Investigate customer complaints and communicate with our customers and sales team.
- Use, maintain and calibrate analytical equipment and instrumentation.
- Conduct periodic quality, process and food safety audits.
- Maintain an organized beer archive.
- Assist in identifying critical control points and drive overall process control and improvement.
- Work with all brewery departments to ensure consistent, high-quality product and efficient release of packaged beer.
- Communicate consistently with brewery personnel and management regarding quality assurance issues.
- Advocate and promote continuous quality and safety improvement.
- Organize and lead the sensory analysis program.
- Order lab supplies as needed.
- Attend and participate in departmental and all company meetings.
Education, Experience and Certification/License Requirements:
- At least 2 years of experience in brewery quality assurance.
- Degree in microbiology, chemistry, biology or biochemistry preferred.
- Formal brewing education a plus.
- Extensive experience and understanding of aseptic packaging procedures, cleaning and sanitation, preventive maintenance, brewing microbiology and microscopy, record keeping and data analysis.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Positive attitude with an ongoing sense of urgency.
- Ability to understand and execute against deadlines as well as work independently under minimal supervision.
- Strong overall understanding of HACCP programs and OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work effectively with others.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Strong ability to teach/mentor and motivate all types of individuals.
- Advanced mathematical and reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be able to lift 65 pounds and move 175 pounds regularly.
- Must have the ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, work from heights, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The ability to work near moving parts and machinery.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color; either with or without accommodation.
- The ability to work in loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor and outdoor environments frequently.
Qualified applicants should possess superior knowledge and passion of the craft beer business, experience in a similar role at a brewery, ability to excel in an collaborative work environment, exceptional work ethic and ability to understand the big picture while keeping a close eye on the details, strong written and verbal communication skills, capability to multi-task, and a major appreciation for organization. Applicants should also possess reliable car transportation, a clean driving record, night and weekend flexibility, and an outstanding relationship-building personality.
We offer a full benefits package, incentive plan, and 401K.
Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to CoolJobs.Quality@greatdivide.com with the subject line “QA Analyst”. No drop-ins, no recruiters, no phone calls, please. Interviews will be conducted as qualified resumes are received and position will be posted until filled.