Warehouse Technician – Great Divide Brewing Company
Great Divide Brewing Company, an award-winning regional craft brewery located in Denver, Colorado, is adding to its Logistics Team!
The Warehouse Technician performs work associated with the safe and efficient operation of the Logistics Department which is the central location for storing, sizing, packing and shipping brewery products. The Warehouse Technician position is full-time and will report directly to the Logistics Manager.
The following list of essential job duties is not all-inclusive; the Warehouse Technician is required to perform other duties as directed by the Logistics Manager.
This position will be based out of Denver, Colorado.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Regular attendance to work warehouse shifts as scheduled by Manager/Supervisor weekly.
- Learn, understand, and execute warehouse operations according to standard operating procedures.
- Operates lift trucks and other equipment to load packaged products on appropriate vehicles for transport to storage or shipping.
- Help as needed in all other parts of the brewery (Team Player).
- Perform basic maintenance on machinery to ensure it is functioning safely, properly, and efficiently.
- Inspects equipment and reports malfunctions and all mechanical issues to maintenance department and supervisor(s).
- Communicate the department’s materials needs to ensure the production and warehouse schedules are executable.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- Attend special events and brewery staff meetings as requested by Manager/Supervisor.
- Maintain tools and materials by storing safely, neatly and in an organized fashion.
- Complete all paperwork associated with each duty with 100% accuracy.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Maintains records, tallies, and reports as required.
- Performs computer data entry as required.
- Operate machinery following all safety guidelines in an efficient manner.
- Assist co-workers and cross train in other departments to ensure brewery goals are accomplished.
- Work in tandem with Warehouse Supervisors, Logistics Managers, Packaging Manager, Packaging Supervisors, and QC & QA.
- Unloads raw materials for brewery use and stages them in appropriate areas.
- Assists with operations needs when forklift experience is needed.
- Inspects trucks and containers to verify they are clean and undamaged.
- Determines required labeling and loading instructions and completes related paperwork.
- Operates and maintains office printing devices.
- Operates floor scrubbing equipment.
- Performs to get mixed 12 packs packaged and maintains mixed 12pk packaging areas.
- Basic computer proficiency including, but not limited to, email and MS Office Suite.
- Fork lift certification required (propane and electric lifts preferred).
- Extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Positive attitude with an ongoing sense of urgency.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proven ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends.
- Advanced mathematical and reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong overall understanding of safety procedures, regulations, and requirements.
- Must be able to continually lift 65 pounds and move 175 pounds regularly and repeatedly.
- Must have the ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, work from heights, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The ability to work near moving parts and machinery.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color; either with or without accommodation.
- The ability to work in loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor, and outdoor environments frequently.
Qualified applicants should possess superior knowledge and passion of the craft beer business, experience in a similar role at a brewery, ability to excel in an collaborative work environment, exceptional work ethic and ability to understand the big picture while keeping a close eye on the details, strong written and verbal communication skills, capability to multi-task, and a major appreciation for organization. Applicants should also possess reliable car transportation, a clean driving record, night and weekend flexibility, and an outstanding relationship-building personality.
We offer a full benefits package, incentive plan, and 401K.
Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to CoolJobs.Logistics@greatdivide.com with the subject line “Warehouse Technician”. No drop-ins, no recruiters, no phone calls, please. Interviews will be conducted as qualified resumes are received and position will be posted until filled.