(Posted 10/4/21) – Midwest Sales Manager
Great Divide Brewing Company, an award-winning regional craft brewery located in Denver, Colorado, is adding to its team of Sales Superheroes!
The Mid-West Area Sales is responsible for working with our Distributor Partners as well as retailers to grow the availability and demand of Great Divide beers in the assigned territory. This position will be focused on achieving budgeted revenue, volume, and sales goals throughout Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000 Annually + Bonus
TERRITORY: NEBRASKA, IOWA, KANSAS, AND MISSOURI
- Sales and Distribution
- Partners with the Sr. Director of Sales & Marketing and National Accounts Manager to oversee all sales efforts in assigned territory, including, but not limited to, annual planning, forecasting and promotional calendars.
- Develops, manages, and maintains distributor partner relationships within assigned territory.
- Analyzes and develops sales opportunities and go to market plans utilizing VIP.
- Cultivates positive relationships with all members of distributor management and sales teams.
- Monitor’s distributor partner inventories and orders.
- Stays current on all liquor license codes and regulations within their territory.
- Acts professionally and avoids unethical sales tactics.
- Weekly – Publish a personal weekly plan and recap to sales team.
- Monthly – Monthly performance recaps to distributors. Recaps to include VIP #s, results vs. ABP objectives, inventory review and release updates. Conducts pricing analysis for both package and draft
- Quarterly – Executes Business Review with Distributor Partners in the assigned territory to review progress toward goals and to update initiatives.
Communication & Participation
- Responds positively and quickly to voicemails, emails, and customer concerns in a timely manner, both externally and internally.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Candidates must demonstrate examples of being a self-starter and possess strong organizational skills.
- Requires an excellent work ethic, extensive passion for good beer, knowledge of breweries and beer styles, and the ability to grow Great Divide business at the retail and distributor level.
- Must be able to lift 35lb cases and maneuver and place 160lb kegs.
- Model the culture and values of The Great Divide Brewing Company.
- Must live in Kansas City Metro area.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to work late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays as needed to support sales activities.
- This role will require extensive car and overnight travel within the designated territory.
- Must maintain professionalism while working in environments where beer taps are flowing.
- Proficient use of computers, specifically Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with VIP, and a CRM is a plus.
- Detailed understanding of the alcohol three-tier system.
- The ability to understand the market planning process for craft beer sales is essential. Education and Experience
- A minimum of a 2-year college degree (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Beverage Industry.
- Company car provided
- Health / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Weekly beer allotment
- Cell phone allowance
Please submit your completed application, cover letter, and resume to [email protected] with Mid-West Area Sales in the subject line by October 15th, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Great Divide Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.